Hey Guys,
So it's Wednesday and I can't believe tomorrow is my last full day in London. It's been a great experience so far.
Yesterday was a very long day. Hence the reason why I didn't submit a post yesterday. But to tell you a little about that day, we took a tour around London on an authentic British double decker bus. It was definitely a sight to see. We saw everything from Buckingham Palace to the original Hard Rock Cafe that is located in what used to be called Little America. We rode passed Hide Park where u can ride your horse around its acres and acres of land. My classmates and I were wondering if we could come back and rent a horse to ride around the horse but came to the conclusion that because it was London you probably had to BYOH (bring your own horse). After the bus tour we got off at The Eye, which is just a monsterous ferris wheel on the River Thames (aka the Thames River in America). I have pictures that I will post sometime soon that will explain the trip in much more detail.
After we were done sightseeing, we took the Tube back to our hotel. We ate dinner at Cafe Rouge (a French restaurant around the corner from the hotel) and it was DELICIOUS!!!!!! After that I came back to the hotel and slept like sleep was running out of style.
I was up at 6:45 this morning because we were leaving to tour Parliament (the British Congress). The tour was great, and our guide was very knowledgeable. It lasted way longer than it was supposed to. We came back to the hotel and got lunch at a chain restaurant that's popular here in the UK called Pret a Manger. It was great. Of course a nap was next on the agenda.
That afternoon we met with agents from the US Defense Intelligence Agency who told us about the UK/US relationship when it comes to intelligence sharing and gathering and what intelligence agencies are looking for in young prospects. I took lots of notes.
For dinner we road the Tube to a street called Brick Lane. This was a small one way street with dozens of Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants along it. The owners of these restaurants stood on the street and lobbied for their restuarant. Each one had a deal to make with you and each one had a list of reasons why u should eat at his restaurant and not the other man's. It was definitely an experience.
Tomorrow we meet with US FBI agents stationed in London. After that we go to Old Bailey to see a traditional British court proceeding. Later tomorrow night, we go to the historic Globe Theatre to see a Shakespearean play.
Ttyl,
Kookie
No comments:
Post a Comment